Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tatem's First Visit to the Midwest

Natalie & Tatem arrived on Tuesday to hang out with us for a few days.

Can I just tell you...THIS LITTLE GIRL IS A CUTIE!

She has the most contagious giggle, greatest smile and eyes of unusually large size!

Dining out, BBQing at home, a walk in the park at Olde Town Gahanna (the town where we live), Farmer's Market and a trip to the mall...
I loved the way random strangers would compliment us on how cute our baby was. And of course, I graciously accepted every compliment with a very humble "thank you"...sometimes before they even had the chance to give the compliment!

We did receive one compliment that baffled me. As we were walking through the Farmer's Market, a lady sweeping around her vegetable stand looked up from her broom and dustpan and simply said, "nice baby".
WHAT!? What do mean "nice baby"? Isn't that something you'd say about a car...or shoes...or landscaping? "Nice car!" "Nice shoes!" "Nice baby!" Strange compliment, but I'll take it!


I know people always say babies grow so fast and change everyday but this is ridiculous!

She's only been here for 3 days and Tatem's mullet is out of control, yet very stylish for a 4-month-old. It must be something in the Midwest water.

I must say, she does bear a striking resemblence to her father. Not so much in the eyes, mostly the hair.

Thanks for your visit Natalie & Tatem!


Next destination: Evansville, Kentucky! or, wait...Evansville, Illinois!...Tennessee? Whatever. We leave bright and early for a roadtrip to visit Lindsay, Keith and Hannah. I guess we should probably get directions first.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Holy Hair Tatem! She is so stinkin' cute! FINALLY you have a new post - I have been checking every now and then, and was bummed out every time I had to look at those flippin' geese again! I know you have more going on in your lives than wildlife - no one could be that boring - Oh ya, I can because I STILL LIVE IN WEISER! Pathetic ;)

THE BANGARTS said...

HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!

If someone said "nice baby" to my child, I'd back up and let them get a good look at her, and then ask them if they wanted to reconsider their statement. Maybe they just didn't get a good enough look at her.

HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!

Ian N. Service said...

Miles,
You can pretend to be Tatem's daddy anytime - that's OK by me! But, you'll have to come to Idaho more often to do it.


Love you guys! Love the mullet.

Anonymous said...

When you got the "nice baby" comment was Tatem's hair in the mullet style?

Looks like the kid has been swimming in the redneck gene pool!

Julie and Todd said...

Perhaps they were in a trance from her eyes when they said "niiiice baaby!"

Anonymous said...

when she has her legs up like that she wants you to take her nappy off and lick her pu--y, they LOVE having it licked they kick like crazy