We went up to Lansing to visit Natalie and Ian for Thanksgiving and had a great time. We debated bringing Toby with us, but in the end decided to leave him home, so as not to traumatize him with the 4 hr. car ride. Natalie and Ian cooked a great dinner for us and afterwards Natalie and Tom had a bake off to see who could make the best dessert. Natalie made a pumpkin cheescake pie and Tom made a honey and oats pie. It was a tie!

11 comments:
A Tie? Bull! I TOTALLY won the pie making contest!
Yeah, but you TOTALLY lost the movie picking contest!!!
Tom might have won if Miles and Natalie wouldn't have poured so many chocolate chips in it!
By the way, Tobey is so cute.
I am concerned about Tom's cooking if it was a tie? Does Natalie cook? I thought the closest she got to cooking is saving coupons for Qdoba!
Fine! TOM WON!!! (Despite Ians comment, "Did someone throw up in your pie pan?")
Besides, it really was a Pie BAKING Contest, and not a Pie MAKING Contest. Tom actually cooked his. I just used a hand mixer on mine and put it in the fridge! TOM WON!!!
P.S. I had nothing to do with the amount of choc chips that Miles so freely poured into Toms mixing bowl!
Ok, now I feel quilty for winning because I stole my recipe from Oprah.com. It was some lady's "million dollar" winning recipe for a pie contest that was held and her Oats and Honey pie won first place.
There, I said it!
Oats and Honey Pie? I thought pies only came in chocolate! When did dessert start getting healthy?
I'll be honest - Toms million dollar award winning pie was scrum-diddily-umptious! And it was good too! Don't worry, there was plenty of chocolate in it...but as mentioned previously, I had nothing to do with that!
By the way - I have great skills in picking out the blockbuster movies of the season! It just wasn't apparent this time around! How was I supposed to know that the two of you would prefer "Mission Impossible 3" over "The Break Up"?
I want to be in on this. Yes, I know I'm late in responding cuz I didn't know I could. I can't when I look at Whit's blog. I don't do pies, not even fridge pies. I get mine from the box in the store. So glad my daughter is branching out on her own. You guys always have a great time together! It's time for more pictures as Miles had a birthday - 34 candles!
Anonymous was your mother!
Post a Comment